Today, I was cooking for our lovely neighbors. Meeting the different tastes of eight people is a challenge. That’s why I opted for sandwiches with different fillings – pulled meat and fresh veggies. I had three combinations in mind. There turned out to be plenty of possible combinations, though.
Pulled pork with Coca-Cola BBQ sauce and red coleslaw
- Pulled pork: Slow cook 1.2 kg pork shoulder in 1 bottle of beer and 1 tbsp salt for like forever (or in my case 4 h on 120°C). Pull the meat apart with two forks.
- Coca-Cola BBQ sauce: Bring two finely chopped yellow onions, 1 L Coca-Cola, 4 tbsp tomato purée, 2 tbsp white aceto balsamico and 1 tbs Worcester sauce to a boil. Season with Tabasco sauce and smokedsalt. Let simmer until thick. Mix with the pulled pork.
- Red coleslaw: Shred half a head of a red cabbage and two medium sized carrots. Mix with a dressing made of olive oil, white aceto baldamico, honey Dijon mustard, crème fraîche, fleur de sel and black pepper.
- Bun: Ciabatta
Pulled salmon with parsley yoghurt dip
- Pulled salmon: Season 750 g salmon with salt, lemon pepper and lemon juice. Bake in some white wine for 20 min in 180°C.
- Parsley yoghurt dip: Mix a bunch of finely chopped fresh parsley with Greek yoghurt, lemon juice and salt. Mix with the salmon. The salmon will be pulled at the same time.
- Bun: Rye
- Add-ons: Fresh lettuce and cucumber
Pulled chicken tonnato
- Pulled chicken: Steam 750 g chicken fillets in some chicken broth for 30 minutes. Pull the meat apart. You know the procedure by now.
- Tonnato: Blend 2 cans of tuna with 200 ml crème fraîche, 1 tbsp honey Dijon mustard, fleur de sel, black pepper and lemon juice. Mix with the pulled chicken.
- Bun: Olive and tomato
- Add-ons: Capers, rocket, Parmesan shivers
One Comment Add yours