On 27 March 2019, Mums! celebrated its first birthday. Did it get any presents? Of course it did! And what a present it was: A nomination from lovely Alicia from COMMEMEMUCHO for the Sunshine Blogger Award. This award is given to bloggers, who are creative, positive and inspiring, while spreading sunshine to the blogging community. Thank you so much, dear Alicia, for your recognition. It means a world to me. In particular, since you’re such a passionate fellow food blogger – a role model, really.
For the award, I was given ten questions to answer, asked to nominate up to eleven bloggers and to pose them eleven new questions. These are my answers to the questions I was asked:
That it’s my room to breathe. My platform to share my creativity. On my terms. That’s what I like the most.
2. Describe yourself in three words
I’m focused, open-minded and sometimes a bit witty.
3. What bloggers inspire you the most?
4. What is your favorite social networking platform and why?
Instagram – it’s all about pictures, it allows for quick interaction and it facilitates reaching my target audience. It’s as easy as that.
5. What is your favorite book?
The Book about Moomin, Mymble and Little My, in the original Swedish language. It’s a fully illustrated book with all text written in rhyming verse. I know it by heart. Each spread has a cut-out hole, letting the reader guess “what happens next” (or: Hur gick det sen” as the Swedish title reads).
6. What song inspires you to travel?
New York, New York. Needless to say why.
7. What is your only place you have to see before you die?
Iceland. On the horseback. And Naples, obviously.
8. What would you change about yourself?
Patience and countenance are personality traits I think one could never have too much of – me included.
9. What is your favorite animal?
Horse. Icelandic horse, more specifically. There are thousand reasons why.
10. What are your objectives for this year?
My older daughter loves lists. At the beginning of the year, we came up with a list of things we need to do or drink or eat more often. These are: sauna bathing (I’m a Finn, after all), milkshake, pancakes, strawberries, horseback riding, bilberries, raspberries, swimming, pineapple and ice cream. Those are my objectives. Aren’t they great?
Now, it’s my turn to recognize peer bloggers who spark positivity and joy. My nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award are:
And the questions I’d like them to answer are:
- What’s your favorite single ingredient?
- Is there food you loved as a child that you still crave for or that you in the meantime can’t understand why you ever liked?
- Who taught you to cook?
- How much time to you spend on the kitchen?
- Is there gadgetry you can’t do without in your kitchen?
- What’s your most remarkable culinary experience?
- Is there a cuisine totally unknown to you?
- What inspires you in your cooking? Who is your muse?
- Are there any culinary no-gos for you?
- With whom would you like to cook?
- If you were to publish a(nother) cooking book, what title would you give it?
Sunshine Blogger Award Rules
The Sunshine Blogger award is given by bloggers to bloggers who inspire positivity and creativity in the blogging community.
The rules are:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you.
- Nominate up to 11 new blogs to receive the award and write them 11 new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or on your blog.