Another blogger year will soon come to an end. And what a year it has been. Exciting culinary creations and top-notch produce. Cordial encounters, virtually and live. Numerous new collaborations and challenges. Interesting cooperations. And most importantly, tons of love and support. For this, I’m deeply honored and grateful. I’d like to take this opportunity to thank you and wish you a prosperous new year!
On Instagram, these are my top nine posts in 2019:
1. Figs • Parma ham • Ricotta • Olive herb – Qualitatively excellent produce plated up in a playful way. That’s what cooking is all about!
2. Purple carrot soup with hazelnut pesto – A dish for one of the many collaborations and challenges I’ve joined this year. This one was hosted by Foodblogs Schweiz.
3. Honeyed sour milk jelly with bee pollen – A dish featuring Piimä, an ingredient from my fatherland. What a joy!
4. Honeyed Tomme with roasted walnuts and caramelized nectarines – One of the dishes I hesitated the most posting. Because of its simplicity. I’m so thrilled it was well received.
5. Confit egg with bacon jam on black salsify – Taking breakfast to an entirely new level sums up this dish pretty accurately.
6. Tea smoked duck with tamarind plums – Exploring new techniques in the kitchen secured fifth place. Not too bad, right?
7. Meringue with double cream and blueberries – Another dish for a collaboration, this time for the Swiss Food Discovery hosted by lovely Silvie.
8. Poached cherry tomatoes, pan-seared watermelon and marinated strawberries on grilled halloumi – Thanks to this vibrant dish, I learned a new word: juxtaposition.
9. Strawberry and white asparagus salad with pan-seared trout and basil dressing – The second dish for Foodblogs Schweiz making the top nine.