I’m very pleased and honored to announce that I’ve been nominated for the first time ever. Alicia from Commememucho was kind enough to nominate Mums! for the Blogger Recognition Award. I’m so grateful and humble and excited. Muchas gracias, querida Alicia! Alicia is a fellow food blogger and phenomenal cook.
How my blog started
I’ve been a foodie for as long as I can remember. I started experimenting in the kitchen already as a pupil in primary school. I read all cookbooks available and watched all cooking shows on TV. I even saved my pocket money to afford visiting fancy restaurants.
Last Easter, I finally decided to go online with my cookery. Why? Because I wanted to document my relentless efforts in the kitchen. For me. And for anyone interested in my culinary skills.
My advice to new bloggers
For me, blogging is a way of capturing my culinary experiences – textually and. I try to combine the technical information with my own subjective input to create a more personal touch. My advice to new (food) bloggers is linked to this:
- Be authentic – It’s your blog. Your community wants to take part of your experience. Share your thoughts and your views with the readers.
- Act agile – Fail fast, fail often, fail forward thinking. That’s the idea of agility. And that’s what creative cooking is all about. Star cooks need months, if not years, to get their dishes right. Don’t despair if the result doesn’t please you at your first attempt. Share this experience on your blog; it’s part of your personal journey.
- Have fun – This is probably the most important piece of advice. The blog is your channel of expression. If blogging isn’t fun; if you have to force your writing, you won’t be likely to go through with it. So remember to enjoy yourself!
I’m into cooking (obviously), DIY, travel and lifestyle blogs and these are my nominations for the Blogger Recognition Award:
- Blofi testet
- Mrs. Twinkle
- Schickes und Schönes
- one slice more
- FRAUKE’S FOODELICIOUS FRITID
- Cooking Without Limits
- Living with my camera
- Simple Gourmet Cooking
- Cooking with a Wallflower
- The Zero-Waste Chef
- Treacle & the Tart
These bloggers are very welcome – however, under no obligation – to carry out the nomination.
The rules of this award
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Write a post and display the award.
- Share in your post a brief history of how your blog started.
- Give advice to new bloggers.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers you feel deserve the award.
- Let each blogger know that you have nominated them.